Tigo Rwanda is part of a global telecommunications company- Millicom with a presence in Africa and Latin America. Launched in 2009, we are the second largest telecommunications company in Rwanda, offering GSM, 2G, 3G and 4G as well as mobile financial services under the Tigo brand. In addition, we offer Wimax and VPN services. Our mobile financial services (MFS), launched in 2011 under the Tigo Cash brand, bringing banking to the unbanked. By October 2013, 36 per cent of our customers were active users of Tigo Cash, depositing or withdrawing money, paying utility bills and school fees via text message. Tigo Cash Rwanda has been recognized by the GSMA as one of the top five fastest-growing mobile financial services divisions in the world. We are seeking to fill the position below;
POSITION: TAX MANAGER
The Tax Manager is responsible for the Company’s tax compliance, tax planning, accounting for income taxes and preparation of tax returns. You will ensure tax returns are accurately and timely completed to minimize tax exposures.
· Responsible for tax related regulatory reporting disclosures.
· Manage local tax audits, appeals and litigation matters, including implementation of tax audit strategy to effectively manage risk.
· Provide input as needed into the Company’s government relations strategies as it relates to taxes.
· Documentation and quantification of uncertain tax positions as per Tax laws and IFRS.
· Review and validation of tax provisions in partnership with the controlling team.
· Manage the information gathering and review all inputs for Rwanda taxes disclosed in the Company’s reporting.
· Proactively review and provide input to the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team for any tax inputs in project models.
· Work with the FP&A function to understand assumptions and ensure reasonable and accurate tax calculations in all Business Plans, taking into account current legislation a necessary.
· Manage the timely and accurate filing of all corporate tax lodgings (income tax, non-income tax, direct and indirect tax), payments, documentation and reporting. Includes any new filing requirements that may arise (e.g. Transfer Pricing).
· Review and recommend reasonable assumptions for quarterly self-assessment payments (estimated payments).
· Bachelor level degree in Accounting
· ACCA/CPA Part Qualification preferred.
· Minimum 3 to 4 years Tax Consulting experience in a Big 4 Firm.
· Strong accounting, analytical, time-management, and organizational skills
· Strong computer skills; proficiency in tax software, Microsoft office (Excel, Word)
· Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of local GAAP
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, please follow this link to view the detailed job description and apply; http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_millicom/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=5854&localeCode=en-us
Deadline for submission: Monday 21st September 2015