MFS Product Specialist
About Tigo Rwanda
Tigo Rwanda is part of a global telecommunications company- Millicom with a presence in Africa and Latin America. Launched in 2009, we are the second largest telecommunications company in Rwanda, offering GSM, 2G, 3G and 4G as well as mobile financial services under the Tigo brand; Join our team as an;
POSITION: MFS PRODUCT SPECIALIST
Responsible for implementing Tigo cash's strategy for products. To develop, market and explore revenue opportunities within the products that are defined for joint customers of financial markets (such as banks,MFI) and Tigo Rwanda
Responsible for driving growth in terms of penetration and usage of both new and existing Tigo cash products
- Plan, develop and execute business cases, product definition, blueprints and business flows for new products/services to corporate, NGOs and government institutions
- Provide the necessary inputs to the business plan and forecasting process for revenue and cost forecasts for Tigo Cash products portfolio and provide background (actuals, market information etc.) for the numbers you provide.
- Develop and execute “Go to Market strategies” for products.
- Proactively manage Tigo Cash product portfolio within budget to ensure that revenue and customer targets are met.
- Continuously review performance of the Product Name and enhancement of feedback from the sales force, operations and developments in the market for product performance continuity.
- Drive the Market Research and pricing section to ensure appropriate information is sought for use in the development/enhancement of the product and service that ensure the product is aligned with the broader pricing strategy ofTigo
- Always be aware of developments in the market place with respects to competition, vendors, market channels, customers.
- Liaise with IT and billing for the appropriate alignment and support between product development and existing or planned functionality of the product.
- Provide the definition and monitoring of targets associated with revenues, uptake and quality standards, for measuring the effectiveness of the product development and life cycle.
- Drive Advertising and Promotions unit to ensure that advertising and promotions activities are aligned with the product releases.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and review of effective and efficient processes and procedures for managing the product
- Support Marketing in the development of the overall marketing plan and sales strategy by providing all relevant input related to the product(s) and service.
- Provide appropriate training to TSS’s sales and customer care personnel to ensure appropriate knowledge of Tigo cash products.
- Report on the performance of Tigo cash’s product development activities in terms of the above targets against budgets/plans and review and report on variations to plans, offering action to take advantage of any given opportunity.
- Ensure all costs and expenditure of development, release and product life cycle is within the fiscal budget.
- A Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics, or Commerce, with minimum 2years’ experience in mobile or banking sector/Diploma with 5 years’ experience in either specialized product development within FMCG industry or telecommunication industry with mobile sector emphasis
- Business development, product development and sales management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, combined with ability to foster dynamic teamwork and collaboration.
- Analytical skills with an ability to consider different possibilities and develop optimized solutions
- Computer literate in MS suite (Word, Excel, Visio, PP and Project)
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to champion change and effectively guide the implementation of new ideas
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, To submit your application, please following this link: http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_millicom/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=7152&localeCode=en-us
Deadline for Submission: Monday 25th May 2016.