About Tigo Rwanda
Tigo Rwanda is part of a global telecommunications company- Millicom with a presence in Africa and Latin America. Launched in 2009, we are the second largest telecommunications company in Rwanda, offering GSM, 2G, 3G and 4G as well as mobile financial services under the Tigo brand. We are currently seeking to fill the position below;
POSITION: Transmission Planning & Optimization Manager
To strategize, plan, dimension and procure transmission network expansions (Microwave, Fiber & IP RAN). To maintain updated network details to facilitate planning, expansion and optimization of the network.
- Transmission database and change management process implementation
Maintain a centralised database with all transmission equipment, network configuration, etc.
Monitor transmission capacity utilisation.
To ensure that any change in the transmission network is reflected in the database.
- Transmission Plan (including synchronization)
Produce, maintain and implement a 5 years transmission expansion plan (incl. network design) supporting radio and core expansion plans.
The plan shall be aligned with performance and redundancy requirements.
Perform all transmission planning activities for radio access and core transmission.
- Transmission Optimization
Define all Transmission engineering guidelines and implement them.
Review system features and implement the selected features through the operation team.
Monitor the capacity (especially for IP RAN, International and local interconnect) and put in place the required expansion plans.
- Technology watch
To look into technical alternatives (new technology, other best practices from MIC operations) to achieve transmission requirements in a more efficient way.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electronics &Telecommunication
- 5-6 years’ experience in a similar role
- Motivated & innovative self-starter
- Handles working under stress and meeting deadlines
- Uses initiative in solving technical problems
- Can work in elevated positions, not scared of heights.
- Competent in the use of mechanical & electrical hand tools.
- Have good communication skills resolving conflict and negotiate win-win solutions.
How to Apply:
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, please submit your application by following this link:
Deadline for Submission: Monday14th March 2016.