Tigo Rwanda is part of a global telecommunications company- Millicom with a presence in Africa and Latin America. Launched in 2009, we are the second largest telecommunications company in Rwanda, offering GSM, 2G, 3G and 4G as well as mobile financial services under the Tigo brand. We are currently seeking to feel the position below;
POSITION: CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
You are responsible for all financial management and control / compliance activities of the operation. You will deliver timely actual results, forecast, annual budget and strategic plans. You will ensure optimal financing, tax planning and compliance. You are responsible for operational excellence and cost management in your organization. You are expected to provide key strategic input and contribution to the CEO. As part of the management team you are also responsible to contribute to the overall profitable growth of the company and to continuously improve cross-functional cooperation and communication.
Organization, recruitment and development
- To design and implement the right organization, ensuring recruitment, retention and training
Actual results / cost management
- To implement accounting best processes and procedures
- To create a cost awareness culture and structure
- To protect the company’s assets
- To provide evolving functional specifications for financial systems
- To implement a reliable forecasting, budgeting and strategic planning process
- To monitor and improve the CAPEX and B/S forecasting process
- Prepare, consolidate, implement and maintain budgets and reviews.
- Analyse operating results against approved budget plans and in conjunction with the CEO & recommend corrective action when required and acceleration plans if applicable.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial operating reports to the CEO and Group CFO (and other stakeholders as required).
- Analysis on a global level of products: contribution to top line, profitability and ROIC.
- Preparation, challenge and follow up of CARs and RARs.
- Full accountability for the overall financial functions in the division (i.e. Financial Control, Financial Management, Treasury functions, Technical Planning and Investment Management).
- Ensure that accounting principles applied in the local markets and at central level are aligned with the corporate policy.
- Coordinate activities with MIC’s financial community (both HQ and local).
Treasury and Tax
- To plan financing needs with adequate lead times and adequate liquidity and costs
- To identify tax planning opportunities
- Manage tax affairs with the host government, in coordination with the General Manager and the Millicom group Head of Tax. In recent years, there has been a high degree of interaction with governments over tax issues and we expect this to continue
- To supervise risk assessment and appropriate action plans
- To put in place a strong internal control environment, including in revenue assurance
- To manage the external audit process
Legal & Risk
- Co-ordinate with the local teams and central support functions (tax, legal…) the creation of new legal entities in each country).
- Establish controls and authorizing guidelines for the division consistent with global guidelines at MIC.
- Risk Management for the company: Fraud, Revenue assurance, Insurance, Compliance and Internal Controls
- To manage the relationship between the division and internal & external auditors.
- Ensure that local risks are flagged in a timely manner in order to prevent legal or tax exposure.
- Develop effective financial management processes, control procedures and systems
- To provide strategic input to CEO / COO / Executive team / BoD
- To make sure that shareholder’s interests are protected at all times
- To secure full compliance with listing requirements
QUALIFATION & SKILLS
- At least 6 years of related experience in a highly control focused environment
- Accounting and reporting experience is mandatory;
- Work experience and sensitivity to an international environment,
- Fluency in English and French is preferable for this role.
- Strong analytical and technical skills required
- Strong PC skills required
- Strong tax and treasury skills
- Telecoms experience is preferable
- Very strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English and French is considered an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and communicate under stress with all levels of management and staff;
- Deadline-driven, enthusiastic, dynamic and resilient personality;
- Diplomatic yet assertive, willing to delegate and empower team leaders and staff, and able to work collaboratively and collectively with senior management peers (must immediately earn and maintain the support and respect of the employees and management).
How to Apply:
If you believe that you are the right candidate for the above position, please submit your application by following this link: http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_millicom/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=6384&localeCode=en-us
Deadline for Submission: Wednesday 20th January 2016