Tigo Rwanda Ltd, a subsidiary of Millicom, (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC), leader in mobile money and digital services provider announced itspartnership with Rwanda Online Platform Ltd (ROPL) for e-Government service payments via portal http://www.Irembo.gov.rw
As part of this structure and in collaboration with ROPL, . The Irembo.rw platform is the single “one-stop-shop” for Government Services application, support and payment.
Uwajeneza Clement, Chief Executive Officer, Rwanda Online Platform Limited said: “In addition to working with the government, we also entered into all partnerships that are required to put services online, including application hosting providers, telecom services providers and payment solutions providers.”
With Tigo Cash, Tigo comes first in line by providing the convenience to pay for the following e-Government services directly from their mobile phones:
- Birth Certificate
- Registration for Driving Test (Provisional, Definitive),
- Trading License for Other Profit Oriented Activities,
- Trading License for VAT Registered Companies.
Tongai Maramba, Chief Executive Officer, Tigo Rwanda, expressed: “. Our over 2.5 million subscribers registered with Tigo Cash would welcome the convenience to make e-Government service payments with Rwanda Online Platform while saving an incredible amount of time”.
Maramba added: “The Tigo Cash addition on the modes of payments for e-Governement services is another demonstration of our commitment to the Tigo, Live it Love it. Promise.”
Once the citizen successfully applies for an e-Government service from the Irembo payment portal (www.irembo.gov.rw), they will receive a code which they will now use on their mobile phones for confirmation of the payment.
STEPS ON TIGOCASH:
To enter the Bill ID/ Reference code, TigoCash customers dial * 310#;
· Select “Irembo Payments”,
· Enter Bill ID (Reference code),
· Enter TigoCash PIN
Tigo recently unveiled its refreshed brand image and a new slogan, ‘Live it, Love it’, as part of its efforts to connect even more strongly with its customers.
About Tigo Rwanda
Tigo Rwanda is owned by Millicom, a leading telecommunications and media company uniquely dedicated to emerging markets in Latin America and Africa. It provides mobile, mobile financial, cable and satellite services to over 56 million customers in fourteen countries, primarily under the Tigo brand. Tigo has been operating in Africa since 1993, in Rwanda since 2009, and serves over 26 million African customers.
· Tigo has over 2.6 million customers in Rwanda
· Tigo Rwanda has invested over US $310 million in the country till date.
· Tigo has also announced a further US $80 million investment over the next five years in Rwanda.
· Recently, the company launched TigoSugira, Rwanda’s first mobile-based savings product.
· Other highlights include an investment of US $1 million in Think, Africa’s Rwanda-based technology incubator and the ‘Most Innovative Service Award’ at Africa Com 2014 for international mobile money transfers with integrated currency conversion between Tigo Rwanda and Tigo Tanzania
About Rwanda Online
Rwanda Online (www.rwandaonline.rw) is, at its core, a pure game changer in the continent as it aims to positively improve the lives of Rwandan citizens and businesses by enabling the digitisation of all government services. The company employs 40 persons and is focused on its mission to “Build and operate a platform that enables the automated and online provision of services to citizens and businesses” by leveraging on the strong alliances they have built with key local and international partner