Position: Senior Financial Analyst March 2015
You will be responsible for providing data driven insights and financial analysis to inform decision making and drive business performance. Your will be responsible for assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations.
You will be expected to work with MIC planning and submission calendar to be able to provide timely information to Millicom.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, proactive, result-oriented, and passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity, professionalism and transparency.
- Monitor and analyse business and financial performance against targets on an on-going basis.
- Liaise with business units to ensure high quality of analysis and narrative reporting across the organization, emphasizing both operational and financial KPIs.
- Work with the operating divisions to understand business developments and to understand and track sets of agreed KPIs.
- Provide insightful and well-written commentary and explanations of key business performance variances to targets.
- Provide Management with detailed, forward-looking commentary that highlights business opportunities and risks and their anticipated effect on full-year revenues, costs and profit.
- Suggest improvements to the planning and reporting processes to provide greater clarity and insight into developments and challenges in the respective business units.
- Demonstrate insightful use of financial analysis techniques, tools, and concepts, to provide practical counsel to business partners and management in order to drive business results.
- Works at the direction of the Head of FP&A in performing various financial or budget analyses in the areas of profit planning, capital expenditure and cash flow budgeting.
- Assist in the quarterly reforecasting process by preparing reports to evaluate current run-rates and trends and report on opportunities, risks and the impact of business drivers.
- Actively participate in the preparation of Budgets and Long range Business Plans including validating and documenting all key assumptions.
- Maintain and develop various financial models and standard templates distributed for use by all stakeholders during the planning processes, ensuring high quality, accuracy and focused analytic review
- Challenge the reasonability of Revenues and operating expenses during the respective planning and reporting processes to ensure proper representation and accuracy of the business performance.
- Pricing, product, competitor and commission structure analysis in partnership with the commercial teams to optimize returns.
- Assisting in various organizational projects and initiatives with analytical insights and capabilities.
- Bachelor level degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics.
- ACCA/CPA/CIMA – partly qualified will be recommended but not required
- At least 4 years relevant work experience in an FMCG/Telco or Financial Services.
- Confident communication skills as this role involve liaising with various key senior managers of the business
- Strong MS Office skills (Medium to Advance) especially for Excel and PowerPoint.
- Financial Systems Knowledge will be required to make work easier
- Desire to drive efficiencies and improve processes.
- Strong organizational skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong Influencing Skills
TO APPLY use : http://careers.peopleclick.eu.com/careerscp/client_millicom/external/gateway.do?functionName=viewFromLink&jobPostId=4749&localeCode=en-us
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 6th April 2015