Position: Head of Financial Planning & Analysis Mar 2015
This role will provide financial consulting and strategic support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial and presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management. You would deliver budgets and forecasts; drive forward initiatives to improve insight, quality and accuracy of reporting; influence, challenge and guide the business based on key performance trends. Drive process and reporting transformation across the organization in order to meet the organization’s objectives and strategic plans. This function acts as the analytical engine of the company to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
THE WAY WE WORK
You are open-minded, proactive, result-oriented, and passionate and the way you work energizes others. You are committed to the timely delivery of a job well done. You behave with integrity, professionalism and transparency.
- Lead and liaise with the CFO and other heads of department in the development and implementation of the company's strategic and operational plans, focusing on achieving financial and strategic objectives.
- Leadership of the reporting processes ensuring timely, accurate reporting across the organization; Delivery of high quality and insightful analysis to Senior Management Team, Heads of Department, Group and wider leadership team.
- Leadership of the planning process. Accountable for the delivery of high quality, robust financial forecasts for Tigo, interlocked across other business departments. Ensure plans are credible and drive the business to outperform its targets.
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators, produce monthly reports that integrate and analysis data in alignment with strategic objectives.
- Analyse operating results against approved budget plans in conjunction with the key stakeholders and recommend corrective action when required and acceleration plans if applicable.
- Manage the reporting processes on Opex, Capex and working capital, ensuring strong accuracy and controls are in place.
- Manage the forum for reviewing new initiatives and project ideas outside of the annual planning cycle and budget process.
- Instil deep analytical discipline across different areas ensuring revenue and operational targets are achieved.
- Manage and drive the continued development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modelling tools in the company.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies and understand ROI in marketing programs, menu pricing, new store rollouts, commission structure, new business lines changes as well as new projects.
- Prepare and present monthly, quarterly and annual financial operating reports to local and Group stakeholders as well as the BOD.
- Bachelor level degree in Finance/Economics
- ACCA/CPA/CIMA Qualification.
- MBA in Finance will is a plus.
- Excellent business knowledge in Telecom and emerging markets in general.
- At least 5 years relevant work experience 3 of which should have been in a senior finance management role.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills. Ability to influence at all levels in the organization
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to ensure credibility with senior management
- Strong prioritization, organizational and people management skills
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Word Experience in Sun Accounting and Hyperion a plus.
- Desire to drive efficiencies and improve processes.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION: 6th April 2015